Monstera Pertusum moss pole
A fresh new highlight, now available in our webshop!
This Monstera Pertusum, also called Hole Plant, is a robust strong plant that deserves a beautiful place in any home or office.
- The Monstera likes a lot of light or partial shade but no direct sunlight.
- The ideal air temperature is 18 - 22 ° C.
- Keep moist, add lukewarm water once a week, potting soil should not dry out.
- Spray with water once a week.
- Fertilize once every two weeks and once every two months in winter.
The roots of the Monstera
Monstera is from Central America (Mexico) and belongs to the Araceae family. This plant is also known under the Dutch name, hole plant. The plant thrives in very humid conditions: the more humid the environment, the larger the leaves. But this plant also tolerates somewhat drier air.
The leaves of a young plant show incisions, later holes appear in the somewhat older leaves. This does not happen if the plant is too dark. Dull leaves become shiny again when wiped with a cloth with buttermilk. Aerial roots that form on older plants may be cut.